Wow, it's... It's Friday again? Where in the world has this week gone?
Maybe I just missed it all after falling into a coma because... *ahem*... I injected disinfectants into my lungs.
Trump... You make it seriously difficult to be a Republican at times. Seriously, to all liberals reading this, we're not all that dumb. Or racist. Or... *sigh*
*head thunks against desk*
A quick look at what I've gotten done and what I plan to do next!
- TEQ Volume 6: The Shores of Tifingor: Vortex (Chapter 77)
- The Curse of Knowledge: The Files of Deschur Sil: Private Eye (Chapter 2)
New Lore Pages:
- The Ten Kingdoms
Updated Lore Pages:
- Elven High Families
Behind the Scenes:
- Not going to lie, outside of the above lore page updates... I haven't really gotten anything done this week. There are a large number of factors included in this, involving not getting much sleep and just generally being overwhelmed with everything. On top of that, my wife got SUPER sick (not Corona), we got hit with $2000 of medical bills that we weren't planning for... And a bit more.
(warning: Catholic soapbox coming). This might sound a little weird if you're non-religious, so I apologize in advance if I come across as a bit crazy here. Simply put, the level of spiritual warfare that my wife and I have been undergoing the last few weeks (really since Holy Week) has been absolutely debilitating to us. We've been absolutely slammed with near-crippling doubt, fears, and stress that we would ordinarily be able to handle with ease. In particular, I've been almost immobilized through a resurfacing fear that none of my work here is ever going to matter. That I'm never going to fully "make it" as an author, that my work is only ever going to be enjoyed by one or two people, so on and so forth. Even if I know that it's a lie, that I'm writing for God anyway, it still starts to wear on you after awhile. And I don't think that my wife and I are alone in this. Reports released from Catholic exorcists are stating that demonic activity is at nearly unprecedented levels. The fact of the matter is that without public mass, without that sacrifice taking place, the doors to darkness are opening ever-wider. Facebook seems to have become a battleground between those who want to go back to work and those who just want to stay home. Now, don't get me wrong. I have an imuno-compromised daughter. I think we need to retain social distancing for as long as possible, but... I'm so desperate for the Sacraments of the Church. Grocery stores remain open. Why can't we come get our spiritual food? There would almost certainly be a way to do it safely. It's just... It's so hard to see the bishops parading around with unhindered access to the Sacraments telling us laypeople that we just need to accept this. Your job is to take care of us, not leave us to the wolves!
*takes deep breath* Mmk, rant over.
- TEQ Volume 6: The Shores of Tifingor: Failures (Chapter 78)
- The Curse of Knowledge: The Law of the Desert (Chapter 3)
Behind the Scenes:
- You know what? I honestly don't have a clue. I have some plans and ideas that I'd like to implement, but I have functionally no idea what's going to happen. I'm doing my best to just give my writing up to God, to let Him do with it what He will, but that's a great deal easier said than done.
If you're Christian in any form, please pray for me. If you're Catholic, I wouldn't mind if you asked your patron saint to pray for me as well. My own patron saint is Isidore the farmer if you want to hit him up. And, far more importantly, pray for the Church. It desperately needs it at the moment.
So, ultimately, I guess we'll both find out next week what I actually got done!
Until next time!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.