A quick glance at all my achievements for the week!
Online Content Released:
- TEQ Appendix B: Elements of Glory: Waves (Chapter 25)
Behind the Scenes:
- As predicted last week, this week was far less productive than most weeks. Last Thursday I accomplished virtually nothing because... Well, I was running on about 3 hours of sleep. Come Friday, I spent most of the day running around looking at houses and doing other adult stuff (and recovering from Endgame. Oh, the feels!!!). Which then brings us to Monday.
My goal was, more or less, to get as much done on the Stonewielder reboot as possible. Now, for those familiar with my original Stonewielder series, you'll recall that it's written from the perspectives of multiple individuals (Daniel, a purple, Jugar, a blue, Hasdop, a green, etc). With this rewrite, I'm really trying to focus my energy on character voice, and making each individual sound truly unique. To truly help with this, I've started running interviews with people who fit the personality profiles for the different characters that I'll be featuring. This involves asking them how they would describe certain scenes, the thoughts that would go through their head, and how they would respond to various situations. It's proving to be an interesting endevour thus far, though it's eaten into my word count somewhat.
In between interviews, I've been working on some edits for a YA Epic Fantasy series I wrote awhile back, titled Glyphrunners. I won't go into detail on this project right now, you'll probably be hearing more about it after the release of Apocolyps Squad II, later this fall.
Plans for this next week:
- TEQ Appendix B: Elements of Glory: Wind (Chapter 26)
- Apocalypse Prevention Department Handbook
Behind the Scenes:
- Honestly, I'm really not sure what to expect from this coming week. The main event of note is the SALINA COMICON!!!!!!! Which will be this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, in Salina, KS. I'm super pumped for this!!! Hopefully, I'll see some of you there!!!
Beyond the con, though, it should be a pretty normal week. Monday might suffer some productivity loss (I won't be getting back into town from the con until 10:30ish Sunday night, so that's going to be rough), but other than that, it should be par for the course. My main goal with Stonewielders is going to be collecting those interviews, trying to pull in as much data as possible. In between interviews and processing data, I'll probably focus on editing both Glyphrunners and maybe some TEQ? We'll see, I guess!
Until next time!