Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEE!!!!!
Okay, so it's technically tomorrow, but... I can celebrate a day early for the sake of this post, right?
You know... If you wanted to get me a present... You could just buy my book for yourself! It's a win-win!
A quick look at what I've gotten done and what I plan to do next!
- TEQ Appendix G: A New World: Tyrants of Istinis (Chapter 83)
- The Curse of Knowledge: Turning of the Tables (Chapter 8)
Behind the Scenes:
- You remember how I got like a ton of progress done last week? Yeah, that didn't happen this week. In all due fairness, I was taking care of sick family members, so I don't really bemoan the time lost, but it means that I don't have a lot to report here. I was able to write another chapter of TEQ and do some plotting for the future of the franchise, but that's about it. Kinda lackluster, I know, but that was my week!
- TEQ Appendix G: A New World: Mirrors (Chapter 84)
- The Curse of Knowledge: Lilith of the Desert (Chapter 9)
Behind the Scenes:
- So... I imagine that most of you read fiction to escape the mortal realm. That's certainly often my own goal, in both reading and writing. And... Well, the real world has been doing an awful good job of poking its nose into my little bubble, and it's making it difficult to focus enough to get things done.
In complete seriousness... Look, if you live in the world today, you might have noticed that things seem to be falling apart at the seams. While a robust discussion can be held about police brutality, the morality of looting, the effects of Covid isolation on the willingness of civilians to react to the situation, so on and so forth... I've been talking about this ever since the pandemic started. Scroll back through my posts, you'll find plenty of content on it. *takes deep breath*
When a catholic Mass is offered, it's offered for the entire world. The Church, the people outside of the Church, etc etc.. When public masses were taken away, suddenly, the was far less grace being imparted on the world. The doors for the diabolical were opened, allowing them far greater reach. Now that masses are starting to reopen, we're seeing widespread desecration of the Eucharist as priests distribute the host while wearing gloves, do masses outside, or even drop the Eucharist into the hands of the recipients. It doesn't take a fantastic theologian to realize that such behavior isn't possibly going to result in anything good.
And look where we're at now. Just... Look. The world is exploding, and it's the result of the corruption and horror that we're seeing come from the Catholic Church. I've been saying for months that this is happening, and it just keeps going. And it's NOT going to get any better. People keep tossing around the "2020" meme like it's just a funny series of coincidences, but I promise that it's not. We are GOING to see things continue to spiral unless Pope Francis and the majority of the bishops publicly fall to their knees and repent for the desecration that's been allowed to continue. We're going to see a continuing collapse.
For what it's worth, as a brief notation on the current George Floyd situation, I'm attributing both sides of things to the current situation. Never before have people been so bold as to LITERALLY MURDER SOMEONE WHILE BEING FILMED AND NOT BAT AN EYE. Never before has the reaction to an unjust death been SO widespread and so violent (unless you maybe count WWI. Although it makes me nervous to say that, because... Well... #2020).
I guess the point of this is to say that I've been struggling, more and more, to create stories that truly provide an escape from this world because I'm not sure that there still IS any escape from this world. My goal is and always has been to provide, not just an escape from THIS world, but to point toward the NEXT world. Right now, as the forces of darkness continue to gather their forces, that task is getting harder and harder. Nevertheless, it's something that MUST be done.
I'm not giving up. In fact, I'm more resolved than ever to create stories that lift the mind ever-higher, since we desperately need such material right now. I just hope I'm up to the task.
Until next time,
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.