While almost nothing is known about the city of Astheris, a good deal more is known about its "darker" sibling, Vorthis. Commonly thought to be the city of the devils or demons, this isn't actually true at all. While Astheris is home to gods who demand worship in exchange for favors, Vorthis is home to similarly powerful beings who have no desire for worship, and who simply seek to use their power to influence the world. This can be for good or evil, though as the evil acts tend to be more visible, this is the impression that casual observers often have of the city.
Things that we know about Vorthis:
1. Mortals are often allowed to visit - Unlike Astheris, mortals are almost always granted the ability to enter the gates and speak with the spirits within, should they know the proper procedures to do so.
2. It is ruled by a king. - Said to be the son of Nubierd, an extraordinarily powerful being named Zethisor reigns as king over the the city. He is said to be a kind, though strict, ruler.
3. Many types of beings live there. - Besides the powerful godlike creatures that comprise most of the population, wraithguards, manticores, and a number of dragons are known to inhabit the city.
4. It can enter the mortal realm if it desires. - While this has only happened a few times throughout history, Zethisor has displayed the ability to bring the city into Calsin, placing it anywhere on the continent he desires. Doing so seems not to harm the landscape at all, as the world simply bends around the city's walls.
5. It often works in tandem with Astheris. - Though the details of the agreement aren't known, spirits from Vorthis have often been seen helping spirits from Astheris, often when fending off monsters that threaten to wipe Calsin off the map.